04 March 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's a cold, rainy day in Clemson, SC. The worst part? It's supposed to rain all weekend! Don't get me wrong, rain can be very soothing weather when you can stay inside all day (or when you have a tin roof it sounds amazing). However, I still have classes and service projects and loads more to do today.

Since I've started college, I've become well acquainted with proper rain attire. There's no way to avoid the rain on a college campus. So I thought I'd post some things that I like on a rainy day.


A good umbrella is a must! Although gold umbrellas are the best, I find it easier to carry around a small one. Make sure it's of good quality too! Nothing is worse than your umbrella turning inside out on a rainy day.

Splash of Sunshine Umbrella from ModCloth






Rain boots are such a blessing in a torrential downpour! In the winter, I especially recommend boots that are lined. Rain boots will save you from puddles and wet feet.


Blue Corondano Rain Boot by Keen from Zappos
Skerry Vinter Rubber Rain Boot by Tretorn from Zappos




A raincoat is less essential if you have an umbrella on hand, but in college you can't avoid windy rain. Sometimes the extra coverage is necessary when walking from class to class. I'd recommend a quality brand like The North Face or Columbia because they will last you a long time.

Columbia Sportswear Women's Arcadia Rain Jacket from REI






A hot drink always makes a rainy day better! Whether your poison is coffee, hot chocolate, tea, or hot cider grab a cup and warm up! My personal favorites are a caramel macchiato, hot chocolate, or hot apple cider.

Always have a warm blanket waiting for you when you get home! Once classes are over, you can finally curl up in bed and enjoy the sound of the rain. Maybe even take a nap :)


Cable-Knit Throw from Pottery Barn


Hopefully the rain will clear up sooner rather than later, but for now I'm going to take a quick nap before I have volunteer tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment