06 March 2011

My First Real Apartment

Next year I'm moving into my first real apartment. I'm currently living in a tiny on-campus apartment that's managed by my school. I share a tiny bedroom with my roommate ( we'll just call her Philly Phan), which isn't terrible considering we're practically attached at the hip. Except there's a huge lack of privacy. Our other roommate (aka Obi Wan) has a room to herself. This tiny place has been great for the most part, but it's time for the three of us to have a more grown up place.

About a month ago we signed a lease for a great off campus apartment next year. Philly Phan, Obi Wan, and I have been like giddy little school girls planning the decor of our new place. We will actually get our own rooms and private bathrooms! Such a change from dorm life.

I've recently bought a comforter for my new room. It's screams CDK! I'm completely in love with it, and I've been building the rest of my room around it.

Coastline Comforter Set by Harbor House

I love the beach as you can see from the coral design, but I don't want to go over board with a nautical theme. Here's some other things that I've been stalking online for my new home...


I found all of these on Etsy (whoever created that site is my hero). The coat rack comes in a lot of colors, and I love the jar flower vase that it comes with! The birds are actually mirrors which is really fun. I've been eying them for quite awhile on Etsy. I'm toying with putting the frames and maps together. I just can't decide, but I love maps as accents in a home. These vintage ones are just so cute.

I'm so excited to move in next year. I've slept on a twin bed all my life, and I'm ready for a big girl bed in a big girl room!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not so terrible to live with! :) p.s. I totally love that shelf/vase combo.

    ReplyDelete